I’m Brialle Ringer, Living Room Conversations’ Communications Partner. I invite you to send us a 60-second (or less) video of yourself answering one of the following questions from our Race & Ethnicity series Conversation Guide. To make this even easier, here are the questions:
- What is an early memory you have of race (not necessarily racism)?
- Were conversations about race a part of your upbringing?
- Do you feel your race impacts your daily life? If so, how?
- How would you describe your own ethnicity?
- Have you ever claimed an ethnicity that wasn’t yours or that wasn’t visibly yours in order to “pass,” or have privilege?
- How have race and ethnicity functioned differently in your life, if they have?
I’ve recorded my own video to share with you, answering one of these questions to help you decide to try it yourself.
Your video can be like mine or different–just keep it short and personal. Tell us a bit about you and your story in this short format. You’re welcome to record more than one! Just take a video using your camera phone, and share the video by email as an attachment. It’s not necessary to upload to Youtube before sharing with us. Once you have recorded your video, email it to me at [email protected] and I’ll be in touch if we choose it to share! Thank you!