Living Room Conversations don’t require any special skills or certifications to host yourself. However, we have a number of resources to support you in hosting and organizing your own conversations.
How to Host Your Own Living Room Conversation
Recommended for those looking to implement regular conversations in their communities or understand better what is involved in hosting. This training goes over the nuts and bolts of hosting and you’ll walk away with a game plan for your first conversation.
Held on the second Tuesday of the month at 9am PST/12pm EST – sign up here
How to Host a Conversation About Race
Recommended for those wanting to start conversations about race. Rather than go over “how to host” in general, the focus for this training involves our framework for approaching conversations about race. We will explore what gets in your way from having these conversations and how to stay engaged regardless.
Held on the second Wednesday of the month at 9am PST/12 pm EST – sign up here
Custom Host & Organizer Trainings
Recommended for those looking to build understanding within a specific organization, community, or corporation. This training includes a co-branded PDF packet with resources not available in our standard Host Toolkit. It also includes program design, support for implementation, and a hosted conversation on the topic of your choice. We can pull from content from the other training offerings, offer a combination of both, or focus on building conversation skills in general.
Each custom training is unique—please schedule a consultation for more information.
We are excited to launch our Host Certification Program as additional support for those looking to grow their practice of Living Room Conversations. In order to become certified, you will need to:
- Participate in or watch a Living Room Conversation
- Introduction to Living Room Conversations (optional)
- Attend Host & Organizer training
- Host or co-host a conversation on entry level topic
- *Attend a Hosting Best Practices training where you will be connected with a mentor host
- *Co-host with a mentor host and debrief afterwards using our Hosting Best Practices Rubric
- *Host or co-host with your mentor host or LRC staff present as a participant
*these steps have the pre-requisites of completing numbers 1, 3, and 4
Certified Hosts will be able to:
- Advertise their conversations on our Events Calendar
- Have a [badge/icon] that distinguishes them as certified hosts in Junto
- Will be contacted when we have large, organizational needs for certified hosts.
Hosting Living Room Conversations can be especially rewarding in faith communities, schools, libraries, online, and more.