Frequently Asked Questions about our events.
Check out the Kazm Living Room Conversation Platform for joining and organizing conversations.
Not seeing all the events you’re expecting? Try clearing your cache.
- This event has passed.
More Curious, Less Furious (w/ Optional 30-Minute Q & A with Hosts!)
January 8, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm PSTFree
7:00 PM EASTERN / 4:00 PM PACIFIC (adjust for your time zone)
Much of current media and culture tout the idea that we should view those who disagree with us as enemies. How can we solve the major problems of our day by only engaging with those who think like us? Research is showing that CURIOSITY which seeks diverse perspectives can open the mind, develop empathy, allay fears and encourage self-awareness and humility. Curiosity about how and why other people arrive at values and beliefs can lead to better solutions, understanding and appreciation. Life experiences shape who we are, and sharing stories can help bridge gaps and encourage mutual respect. We can make a choice to become more curious and thus less furious. In this conversation we will share thoughts and experiences about choosing to be curious.
HERE is the conversation guide. Some of the questions explored include:
- How would you rate your curiosity of people different from you? What are the ways your curiosity has benefited you?
- What concerns, if any, make you hesitant to express your genuine interest in the different views of another person?
- How has your life ever been enriched because you asked another person how they came to hold an opposing viewpoint? What happened?
- In conversations, how do you project your genuine desire to listen and learn rather than debate or judge?
- What assumptions do people make about you or your life? What expressions of curiosity would you welcome?
Registration will close 4 hours before the conversation begins.
You will need a device with a webcam to participate (preferably a computer or tablet rather than a cell phone).
Please only sign up for a place in this conversation if you are 100% certain that you can join – and thank you – we have many folks waiting to have Living Room Conversations and hope to have 100% attendance.
A link to join the conversation and additional details will be sent to you the day before the conversation, and again one hour before the conversation.
*Disclaimer: What happens within your Living Room Conversations is solely your responsibility. We provide the Conversation Agreements and Conversation Guides that give framework for having a respectful conversation. Living Room Conversations cannot assume liability for the content of the conversation or its outcome.