Living Room Conversations’ 1st Art Contest
Why an art contest?
We are committed to helping others respect, relate, and connect through conversation. Our hope is to expand our community and significantly increase the number of people having these conversations. We want you to be a part of that effort by sharing your talents and thoughts around our motto. We’re hoping to see our work through your eyes both through your design and with an artist statement.
Submission & Judging Process:
- Your image. Submissions are limited to 10MB. If your image is selected we will need an image with a minimum of 120DPI(200DPI is ideal) and may need to make small changes, with your approval, to optimize printing.
- An artist statement, maximum 100 words, answering the question: What does respect, relate, connect mean to you? How does it connect with your personal life?
- A description of your work, maximum 100 words, answering the question: How is the concept of respecting, relating, and connecting through conversation reflected in your design?
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm ET November 1st, 2021.
- Two submissions will be considered per participant.
- If you are under 18 you will need to fill out and submit the Living Room Conversations Art Contest 2021 Consent Form alongside your entry.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished works that do not contain, incorporate, or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
1. Enter your submission.
2. Staff will select one image as the winner of the staff pick.
3. Staff will select five images that they feel best represent the theme of respect.relate.connect and the spirit of Living Room Conversations. We will take into strong consideration the way in which a design will look and read when printed on a shirt. Remember, small details may be lost in printing.
4. The five selected images will be posted for a popular vote on our website and social media.
5. The top staff pick and the top popular pick will be part of our fall fundraiser campaign! Both will be rewarded with a shirt of their design and a $100 award!
- At Living Room Conversations, we offer a model of conversation aimed at healing society by building understanding and relationships rooted in trust and respect.
Brand Fonts: Trochi, Gochi Hand, Roboto
Brand color codes:
- Orange #faaf40
- Yellow #ffce04
- Grey #595b5c
- Purple #52459c